Friday, August 2, 2013

Geeky Designs for Sale

As I continue to break down the designs showcased in my Newest Items page I certainly cannot forget the designs that have become the backbone of my ever growing collection. Yes, the ones designed for geeks, by a geek, and often inspired through conversation with other geeks.

These are available for sale on all my various online stores such as CafepressZazzle, Spreadshirt, Printfection, Spoonflower, Shapeways, and MySoti. The Spreadshirt page is for my shop, where I've got t-shirts already designed but you can design your own by clicking here, then "Choose Design", and search for "will la puerta". Some of those links will take you right to geeky designs, but some stores don't have categories to keep things organized like that. You can also keep up with all my latest additions on the Reaper Media Facebook Page.

What is a Geek?

The definition seems to vary depending on who you ask and I certainly can't make a claim on the definitive answer, but I am willing to voice an opinion. As far as I'm concerned, a geek is someone who takes an unusual amount of interest in something that tends to be under appreciated by most everyone else. Memorize the stats for your favorite football team and you're a sports fan. Study the blueprints for the Enterprise and you're a geek. Of course you have to admit that is pretty darn geeky.
"Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."
- Simon Pegg

No comments:

Post a Comment